WORKING TOGETHER FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR VILLAGES
We cannot change the world overnight but we are determined to make a difference to the villages. Scarecrow 2015 proved without doubt that community spirit is still alive out there – we just need to encourage it. “Community Involvement” is what it is all about and we hope that Scarecrow 2016 will see even more people joining in.
We will shortly be tackling the annual review of our business plan.
While we need to put our 2016 plans in place we are of course looking far into the future and our business plan
will need to be flexible as needs and wishes come to our attention.
What of your ideas and aspirations for the villages ?
Tell us what they are and we will see if there is something we can do to help achieve them.
email : email@example.com
SO TO OUR PLANS FOR 2016
- We are going to have Charity Status from 2016, opening the doors to more funding for the projects we want to achieve for the villages.
- We will continue with the work to be completed in spending the £10,000 we received from Coastal
Community Fund. This includes the design and printing of the new village leaflet, and road signage improvements.
- Following huge demand for our Heritage Trail Leaflet we have secured funding to produce a new leaflet to replace the old leaflet (5,000 were distributed in less than a year) which was one of the information centres most popular ever.
- We have applied for the second round of The Coastal Community Fund to rejuvenate Pevensey Court House.
- We have made a bid for £10,000 to revitalize and bring the Pevensey Bay Information Centre up to date. Providing Computers for the public to use – and IT training.
- We are preparing for Scarecrow 2016.
Scarecrow 2015 was a huge success with people from all over the villages joining in. It demonstrated true “community. involvement”. People are already planning bigger and better scarecrows for 2016.
- We are, as always, looking for funding for more projects for all ages.
- We are currently looking for a project for young people. Maybe sports equipment/grounds improvement ?
- We are working with the school and local groups to bring opportunities for young people.